R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Darkseid
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Actually Xray and Corally did copy our diff output blades.

We were the first company with a low drive ratio drive train (1.80:1). Everyother belt car followed suit a month or two after the origianl Mission was released.
I don't think he was speaking of individual items. He seemed to be speaking of the design as a whole. And that design, "slim chassis, motor pushed back toward rear" has been around for a while. I think I first saw it when Yokomo screwed up....oh I mean 'improved' the MR4TC with a tub chassis that was super narrow and pushed the motor far back.

Of course the design has gone a long way since then and passed through many hands. But its the same general idea.

I know plenty of Schumacher's ideas have ummm....migrated to other manufacturers. But as I said, no company in this industry had all the ideas first, so everybody has "copied" somebody.

So why do people keep harping on it? I mean the EC isn't even out yet, so how could companies who have their car out already 'copy' it.

In any case, the EC looks good. And since I haven't missed a generation of Schumacher car yet, I may end up owning one someday.