R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Saint Louis carpet racing!!
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 07:52 AM
GMSchmidt
Tech Adept

Nick - It's killing you not to come race with us. I know it is........ Just dump that offroad electric stuff and buy a TC. You're already wipping Ken in offroad regularly. There's no more fun to be had there.

To be honest about the chunking tires issue: I am not chunking front tires (havn't ruined one yet). It's always my rear tires. That tells me I need to learn to drive in traffic better. Most of the time it happens when I get tangled up with someone else.

The bottom line is this: We're getting good turnouts and new racers every week. This kind of debate is good because it keeps people thinking about the hobby and racing. I wouldn't let this talk about tires scare anyone away from giving it a try. Even a chunked tire will get around the track (much like a bald crime fighter tire in offroad). However, it won't be as fast as a new set. Nick - you smoked me plenty of times with bald crime fighters....

Dodgeguy - hope you make it over some weekend. Here are some answers to your questions.

How is the turn out on Saturdays? Since I normally drive in on Friday night from Cincinnati. Friday racing is gone.
- Saturdays have not been good for TCs. Most of us are racing on Friday nights or Sundays. The Micro guys are showing up on Saturdays.

So stock TC is the larger class right now?
- Stock TC is the largest class right now. There is no 19T or Mod TC right now. Some guys are running 1/12 scale stock.

What foam compounds are working?
- Most guys are running double pink in the back and double pink / orange up front. Me personally, I like Purple rears and Purple / orange up front. It may not be as fast, but it seems easier to drive (which may equate to faster)

What are the entry fees?
- entry fees are $12 dollars 1st class (not sure about second class)

Are personals used?
- personals are used. Chris also has club transponders.