R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R/C Tech Live @ the 2005 US Indoor Championships
Old 11-30-2005, 07:21 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Worth
EA, this is why after going to this race for the last 13 years, I decided to skip it this year & I didn't miss it. It's not the same as it was in the early 90's. You have to have rules & stand by them. There were a lot of regulars that were not on the list this year. Looking forward to Novak & Vegas 06!
R.W.
I've skipped this race the last 2 years as well because of simular problems with consistency. Last time I raced there I qualified in the B-main Mod sedan; with a Mission no less...LOL The car cleared tech after my race, I followed the postings until the end of qualifying and there I was 5th in the B-main. Then the final board was posted early a.m. and now I'm in the C main I ask Mr. Bill why the C main from the B and he didn't know, so I pushed for more answers and a few minutes later he said I was under weight in the last round and was DQ'd ....Everyone knows thats not possible with a Mission/foam tires Anyway, he tells me it's on the tech sheet and proceeds to show me...Guess what, it's not on the sheet and my name was checked cleared!!! He tells me he personally remembers my car being DQ'd (out of 400plus entries) and sorry it's just to late to change it....Have a good nite!

ErnieP....Keeping the race is a necessity as the race is part of R/C history (my first year was 92') and Mr. Bill should still host the race, but as the major sponsor it would be in your best interest to make sure they have a proper tech (qualified people), proper awards etc etc. Why have rules if not inforced (batteries, stock/19turn motors, roof height etc)

Good to see you back attending R/C events and see at the Birds!!