R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Saint Louis carpet racing!!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 03:24 PM
evostyle
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Originally Posted by BiggAlz
i think it would be kool larry, do you think it would be an issue for anyone whos not a local person whos here alot? and im just wandering why to use more power with the rubber? i think it would be kool im just wandering why? just for the heck of it ?
I think stock foam takes one of the driving varibles out of driving a car. You basically have unlimited traction and limited power. Which makes a cars setup not so much of a factor. Think about it, with foams and carpet your car is making a tremendous amount of traction ALSO you are using the weakest motor for 1/10 (meaning low power). High traction with no power = boring. You really don't have to have any throttle control. It's either on or off or snap on or snap off. Not much throttle discipline needed. Now on the other hand, with 19T rubber you completely reverse the situation. You now are traction limited (unless you can get more thru your setup) and power is abundant ( learn to control a car with steering and throttle finesse ).

Ok, forget all the technical aspects of the class. What's important is people wanna go fast and not spend a ton of cash! 19T gives you the speed and rubbers last much longer.

Let hear some thoughts!

Last edited by evostyle; 11-28-2005 at 07:47 PM.