R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Anyone interested in 1/8 on road in AZ?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 08:18 PM
4F1Racing
Tech Regular

Once again let me put my two cents in!

Getting a place to run on road is not hard to find. I have setup on road tracks (obviously temporary) at shopping malls, school parking lots, business parking lots etc. A permanent location will take a lot more hunting or someone with big bucks!

Do we need a track here yes we do. Is there someone here to commit to the actual work of a club, a track setup every week, and other work that is needed, well I haven't seen that yet. There are alot of people that will come and run on the track, but what about the putting up and the tearing down of the track..... ahhhhh not is all so easy say Masta ( lol)

Then there is the materials..... start with a club and get everyone to kick a $100 up front and if you get 15 to 20 guys to do so you are least on your way. You can work on the timing system later.Or how about the people who are in business in this town called LHS's.... get each one of them to kick in $200 to help increase their businesses. Have fun with that... if they realized that we would have an on road track already.

My concept has always been to have an on road track good for nitro and electric up to the 1/8th scale. However with the focus on developing new hobbyist. I was at SRS about three weeks ago and saw some poor guy that knew nothing about his car, hit every wall and couldn't make it down the straightaway. The person running the races, seems to be an okay guy, never got off his a__ to help this beginner. That will increase business!... plus he is put in the ring with guys that are experienced , especially at this particular track, that were so interested in helping him .... he actually left and no one knew he did.... what are the odds of him telling other beginners to come and race on road. I am not pointing fingers at the people that race there.... they came to race and that is good.... my point is this..........

1.) Develope a club with the thought in mind to have a facility for good on road racing of all scales nitro and electric.

2.) The club's main focus is to bring in new hobbyist and make sure they have a beginner's class and that regular experience racers at the race are assigned to help this beginner..... ( If he/she gets help, learns how to drive, is not intimidated on the track..... will he/she bring someone else the following week???!!!) Think about number two..... this is the most important to the life of on road racing and a club in Phoenix.

3.) Get a group of people that want to take the responsibility of officier duties for the club and overseeing the track gets up and torn every week. Let me tell you... if it's the same guys every week doing this, the club will have a short life span.

4.) And as mentioned... figure out where the money is coming from.... as they say .... talk is cheap.... let me tell you .... tracks are not!!!

You can agree with me or disagree with me on what I have said. I have owned my own businesses for 30 years. As mentioned before, I was the original 5 memberes of the Rams club... started one in Lousiana ( my pocket book), so I know the work, the dedication, and the money it takes. It is a shame I believe that those whose business counts on the growth of this most popular hobby in the world (LHS) don't do a thing to help!

I would be happy to help in anyway I can.... time.... yes money.... locations ( of which I know some that would work ).... but there has to be more dedicated people that just don't want to go and run on a track this weekend...but want to help this sport grow.... and then run on the track....

Are you out there????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

Sam