View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 11:00 AM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Front
Tire: Jaco DPink/Orange
Shocks: White spring, #3 piston, 45wt Losi oil, #3 hole on tower, inside on arm
Suspension mounts: #2 under triangle and circle (.050), 3 shims in front of the arm
Caster: 4 degrees
Droop: 4.5
Camber link: Hole #1, black ballstud inside-silver ballstud on the casterblock, no washers
Anti-roll bar: Silver, full length

Steering rack: Black ballstud, no washers
Bumpsteer: Three silver washers (.090), silver ballstud, this will be different if you use the stock TC4 steering block (i use the Losi XXX-S block), the idea is to get the steering links level with the suspension arms at rideheight (when looking at them from the front of the car with the bumper removed) When looking down on the front end, there should be no steering deflection in the steering knuckle when the suspension is compressed and released. Again, a great starting point.
Standoffs: All four added
Spine: Yes. Cut in half mounted forward.
Diff: LW Plastic, tight

Rear
Tires: Jaco DPink
Shocks: Purple spring, #2 piston, 50wt Losi oil, #4 hole on tower, outside on arm.
Suspension mounts: #3 under circle (.075), #2 under X3.0 (.050), 3 shims in front of the arm
Rear hub: Inside hole
Droop: 3.75
Camber link: Hole #1, black ballstud inside-silver ballstud on Losi 0 degree non-offset hub, no washers
Anti-roll bar: Silver, full length
Diff: LW plastic, medium
Rideheight: 5mmR/4.5mmF
Tire size: 57 mm to start
Check tweak! MIP station works well.
Transmitter settings: Dual rate 90%. Steering End Point Adjustment 64%L/66%R (make sure the servo arm is 90 degrees to the servo link at neutral, it will be a mixture of mechanical/transmitter settings to get it that way).

I am running front arms on the rear of my car, it is something i have come to really like, but is not necessary to run this setup. If you run the standard rear arms, then use .060 in front of the rear arm on the hingepin, and .030 behind... it seems to be whats popular with the rear arm setups. If the car is a bit too stiff for your taste, move the upper shock positions in a hole front and rear.

- DaveW