R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2002, 12:37 AM
ROBORAT
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

lem2: maybe u should have gone with the Yokomo made one way for the TC3 as mentioned by rangulo. in fact Pitshop has them in stock. they're supposed to be more durable but im not quite sure what part has actually been improved/strengthened ... dunno if its the bearings or the drive cups, or both. there's actually nothing wrong with your one way unit, they're really fragile. a tap on the board or as johnbull mentioned a wheel lifting of the ground then slamming back onto the pavement puts a ton of stress on the outdirves causing them to snap. others also like greg and abba would have their alum cvds cut cleanly in half. i personally dont like running one ways on the tracks that we run on like Capitol Speedway and IVO. the low traction and tight layouts (with all those hairpins? yikes!) make using a diff more sensible. a diff lets me me take different lines if i need to - especially when trying to pass in traffick! but if was going to run in Fiesta or Montalban, i would defenitely use a one way for those fast sweeping corners. .... but like i said, its a personal thing.

Last edited by ROBORAT; 10-22-2002 at 12:40 AM.