R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 06:18 AM
jasons56
Tech Addict

Default Duuuuhhhh. Back into 12th after 12 years.

I dusted off my 12LW with reactive front end upgrade after over a decade off from carpet racing. I've ran three club races in the last month. I had a major wandering tweak problem that I attributed to a very old t-plate. I had the same problem when I quit racing it 12 years ago.
I replaced the t-plate, springs, bearings, tires, and balljoints for last nights club race hoping to make a decent showing with the "OLD SCHOOL" car.

With the "freshening" the car was only marginally better. I spent some time messing with it on the tweak gauge, and noticed that it just didn't hold tweak at all.
Well, I learned the "tip" from my old machinist racing buddy was coming back to haunt my car a decade later. The guy was very perfectionist. It annoyed him the way the tweak screws ride on the graphite chassis and mar it. His "tip" was to run nylon tweak screws. DUH! Can't believe I didn't realize the problem with this 12 years ago. I fought tweak issues for about a dozen races back then, and 3 races now. Funny how its the little things that bite ya!