R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 07:21 AM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SOVIET: Sean, yanno i kinda dig the throwback purple heatsink on the GTX! Im still running GT7's... a first generation for stock/19t with the built-in schottky... and another upgraded one with external schottky for mod... when we ever run it. I have always run Novak products. The 200$ trend for speedos is a bit scary though. Anyone running the newer LRP goods?

CHRISREILLY: I should have specified and said control tire and insert. But youre right, new tires every week for some would still make it costly for others. Its a shame... but i guess it is the way of racing... always looking for that faster edge. I remember a track here years ago that ran control tire/insert rubber races. The tire was the original VRage (S2) that came with the TC3 kit... to try and keep beginners costs down. The insert ended up being the HPI Yellow/RedDot molded inserts... and your choice of rim. The racing was always very close, and even for the faster guys it became a challenge to "find" time. Needless to say, with those tires on that particular track... the older the tire got the better it was. We ran a single set for the whole points season... and lap times only got faster. I have to say that was probably my most memorable local year in racing... it was the most fun and was still competitive. Good times was had by all.

KFLABOURIS: Crashmasters right... we still need a bit more info to help ya.

- DaveW