R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 12:16 PM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graphitedust
I have had an on-going problem with my Assoc. 12L3, that is the car doesn't want to square-up coming out of turns. It wants to continue to turn as I begin to ease off on the radio wheel.

A thought has crossed my mind that the front end may be binding when the car is under a strong side load, preventing the car from squaring-up coming out of the turn.

Asphalt track (So Cal Raceway) and I currently do not use any lube on the damper plate or on the front suspension componets.

My Question is this: Do you serious 12 scale guys lube the kingpins to prevent binding? Does this issue sound like something that is caused by a lack of lube?

What is the therory for lubing the kingpins and damper plate?

I see CypressMidwest on here....always enjoyed you ideas! Any comments?
We only use the lube on king pins and damper plates or tubes to dampen the spring action of those parts. thicker lube to slow chassis roll, etc. It sounds like either the front end is binding, or possibly a binding T-bar pivot. It could also be the damper plates hanging up on the upper pod plate. You can polish the surfaces with very very fine steel wool to remove any imperfections, and see if that helps.....