R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Boomer
Tech Elite

I've been using tape for a long time, since my primary class is Pro10 and we pretty much all use tape.

You CAN do tape quickly. I've converted my tub-chassis TC4 over to tape and I can change my batteries just as quickly as anyone with the strap-thing.

Get some good quality tape. Look for it - don't cheap out and get the crap. Get GOOD quality tape. You can find it.

Give yourself some extra length - so that the tape overlaps the entire battery pack.

Fold over the ends 1/4" so that you can peel back without fumbling.

Now - if you have good tape, you can use it again and again. I've used the same piece of tape for at least 6 runs. If it gets bad and I'm in a rush, I'll trim it a bit shorter (so there's still overlap) and use another piece as a "locker" - about 4" and it goes over the top.

I'm really surprised to see your posts, Johnbull. This is a REALLY trivial thing. I would have expected to see you discuss real issues - a battery strap is not a big deal. In fact, at the beginning of this thread a LOT of people (like me) were getting rid of the battery strappy thing and moving to tape.

Perhaps it's our fault. Perhaps TonyP saw everyone on the thread discussing where to cut the tape slot, how to get rid of the posts, now nice it was to tape, etc. and told AE that, heck, they're all going to tape.