R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 11:01 PM
xDeeDubYax
Tech Adept

ROBORAT: Sweet pics.

BEERBARON: Yes. And i was going to say to ask BOBBARRY which center one way he has and where he got it, i have never run one to be able to answer how well it works. My experience is with the HD AE front one-way setup.

GRIZZBOB: You are right, i have tried a 39/100 on a 19T before, and still had room for adjustment. I just cant imagine using anything above a 36 on most indoor carpet tracks with that motor (MS). The highest i have run is a 35, and my tires were under 55.5mm. The car was still a bit off on rollout for our track, but the 36 with that spur was definitely too much. That monster motor reaaaly likes to spool... at least how i build 'em anyways. Its got that V-TEC baby! LOL

JSAVES: You have return PM.

LOTUS1: Have you tried using one of the kit shims between the bearing and the cup, and one kit shim between the bearing and the gear? For it to rub the case sounds like you might have a bad gear. (?) Have you tried installing it in the rear gear case to see if the problem is the same? If so, then it is probably the gear... try swapping the rear assembled layshaft into the front gearbox and see if that gear rubs the case, if so then it may be that the front case is bad. After my front/rear layshaft is installed, there is a total of 1/32 of play for the shaft to move back and forth in the bearings (gearcase assembled, both halves mated), the plastic diffs have one shim on the long side, and its the reverse for the steel diffs. I just make sure there is a little play in the mesh between the diffpinion/diffgear when they are at their closest, kinda like when you adjust motor pinion/spur mesh. I know this may be different from one car to the next with tolerances as they are... but it may give you a place to start. Come to think of it... i dont remember what the stock setting (shims) is from the manual, i have built so many TC3/4's that i didnt even crack the manual when i built my FT... i just built it like i did the others.

Keep us posted...

- DaveW