R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas
Old 09-27-2005, 08:08 AM
Keith Billanti
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Since she is in Law School take your old job to court for wrongfull termination.
If you called in sick while you were in Vegas than maybe you will be out luck but if you took vaction for the trip then...hit them up. Believe it or not they will offer you your job back just at the threat of a court case...It is way more expencive to go to court than them to just give you your job back...
It sounds like your superviser was looking to get rid of you for any reason..Maybe this is a blessing in desguise.
-Shookie <><

Well its like this=

I gave him 2 days notice that I was comming to vegas. Not the biggest of deals as he owed me friday and sunday off anyways.. Did they have a right to fire me? Maybe. Ethically? No way.

As I said, I never called in sick. The time I asked for off was all un paid and well in advance. I told him when i was hired this past winter that the fall is a very busy time of year for me and that I just moved here and do go home to NY from time to time. They claim I asked for too much time off. This time was=

a friday and saturday in May to go home for my birthday
1 week in august to visit my mother for her birthday
the halloween classic weekend in October
Clevland
and a week a Xmas to visit family.

in exchange for these, I work 6, or 7 days a week (every other week) and I dont get paid overtime. Sometimes 14 hour days.

I will be contacting the department of labor about the back pay for the over time.

My work is like this, we get paid X ammount for jobs and we are not supposed to work more that 40 hours. My boss says to lie on your time sheet so that you can work more than 40 hours and make good money. This is fine if you want to work more than 40 hours. but I sure dont want to work more than 50. Most days I am out at least 10 hours from the time I walk into the office until I get home. Some days i dont get home till 7pm, and more than occasionally I will get home at 9pm.

the thing about it is that i liked this job. I didnt mind the blatent butt FU## on overtime... and my boss and I were suposed friends.. We have hung out socially on many occassions and well.. i kinda thought i had a get out of jail free card. Heck, i just told him last week that I would get him set up if he wanted to come toy car racing..

I am more than certian that when I bring this up to the owner of the company, on the other side of the state, my boss could loose his job. My wife ahs employment law today and will be consulting her professor who is actually quite well known.

looking quite forward to this.

Keith