R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas
Old 09-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Keith Billanti
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just got back from the IIC.

In my 12+ year RC career I have been to a lot of races. Regionals, Nationals, self proclaimed Worlds races... ect... I have never attended a race as well thought out, as well run, as PROFESSIONAL as this race. Scotty Ernst is IMHO the race director of the CENTURY.

Just to give you all an idea of what I base this opinion on. It seemed as if he made it a point to learn peoples names. He walked around the pits on SEVERAL occassions asking the racers of lower abilities if they needed help, and then FOUND them someone to help them. Another for instance, was at the staging point of one race, a racer needed transmitter batteries. He was out of the scoring tower on the line helping the guy get it right.

All in all this was a great experience. This race is legions ahead of all others and cannot wait to do it again next year.

Extra special thanks to SMC for killer packs, Eric Anderson for keeping a wicked good motor in my car all week, Dale Epp for producing a WICKED GOOD carpet body in the G6, Corally USA for getting me the car in time, and ofcourse the IIC Crew for a GREAT job.

How about my buddy Martin Crisp?? Makes the show in MOD sedan against world champs??? TQ's and wins 19t rubber??? Still doesnt have an MSX???? Gees.

Keith Billanti