R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 02:11 AM
Iain
Tech Adept

Hi Guy's,

Thought I'd let you know about my state title's last weekend. Basically anything that could go wrong, did. Qualifying was 6 rounds, 4 Saturday then 2 Sunday and the finals. Broke a belt in the first qualifier, this was impressive, I've still got it and will try to take pics, shredded it too bits. 2nd qualifer, I had a wheel come off..... I finished the 3rd and 4th qualifer's but just wasn't on the pace. Also, after the 3rd round, I discovered a inner race in the rear hub bearing was broken causing binding and the rear hub to melt, so had to get new hubs and replace the bearing with new.

Sunday, feeling better about the day, was in 14th overall, 5th qualifer, had a great run going, on A6 pace, and then, the rear bearing siezed and couldn't finish the race. Thats right one of the new ones had broken the inner race!!! Whether I tighted the nuts on too much causing pressure?? But it hasn't happen since, so it might've been a dodgy bearing I got.....

So, going into the last qualifier, confident that I was able to do the times I needed to make the A, on an A6/A7 pace the whole way, made a couple of small bobbles to drop onto A9, and then on the last lap, my speedy decide's it's too hot and goes into thermal shutdown, it didn't completely shutdown, just intermittent throttle bursts, which slowed my last lap enough, that I missed out on the A.....

So there you go, pretty dissapointing weekend, with that I was ready to give up on the car and sell it, until this weekend came..... I'll report that in a new post.....

Iain