R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 05:58 PM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Bob and Dave and ne1 else

As far as I can tell nothings binding or broken. I used the trinity guage when I assembled/rebuilt my shocks and got them perfect(I added the yokomo bladders). I checked the camber change at 2 degrees. When I push the front of the car all the way down the camber goes from 2 to about 3 or four degrees of negative camber. I guess its either a bug somewhere like a broken part or something loose, or it could be a problem with my set up. I cant seem to find any problems though. has any one else found that with teh stock star/hexes you get a different camber reading on their set up system almost every time? I am guessing its a matter of the hex shifting on the axle pin and not seating the same every time. I checked my axles and they are straight. This was why I doubled checked my camber with the RPM guage, but I do not think it is a part of the problem. I will have to try your suggestions dave. To be honest I have been frustrated with my TC4 for a while. Considering an FK05 as 90 percent of the drivers at my track drive it rather than being a loner. My TC4 tweaks really easy, I have a bunch of play every where even with the shimming Ive done. Thanks fot letting me vent here. There are certainly worse problems to have!!

Andrew
which ballstuds are you using for your inside camber links.it sounds to me like you need to shim the ballstuds.the lower the inside link is the more camber change you will get.i am running the unplated(silver taller ball studs on my car.1 shim under the front ones and no shims in the rear.the rear has more camber change than the front.try shimming the ball studs if you are using the black lower ballstuds.