R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Aaron Waldron
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 08:02 PM
shodaman
Tech Apprentice

Default engine tuning?

I have a engine tuning problem that I haven't been able to solve for some time. My rb x12 runs great on the track. Tuned properly on the top and the bottom. However, when the truck gets tangled up in the air or if I have a end over end crash I have noticed that my truck is more likely to die than other trucks in similar crashes. Things that I have thought of:

Idle screw to slow and getting jarred in wrecks.. nope.. I can hold full brake and my idle doesn't drop at all.

To lean on fuel somewhere.. I dunno.. runs at 255 and can lay upside down for about 45 seconds before it starts to starve for fuel...

To rich somewhere... It has awesome power on the low end and runs 255.. that's as hot as I like to run them..

pipe is secured extremely well.. its a trinity one piece pipe (like 1/8th scale) and has two hanger wires on it..

the only thing that I haven't ruled out is that somehow the filter is getting deformed in the crash and it chokes it for air??

can anyone else provide some suggestions.. I rarely crash but it seems when I catch a pipe or get the truck cart wheeling that it will die..

That being said.. can everyone go out and buy a gas truck so we can revive this class? oh yeah and outlaw monster trucks..