R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 11:42 PM
floodo1
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nordheim
I have plenty of steering in my Pro 4 and I currently run the oneway. However, I still have huge issues with the tail end. It throws itself back and forth violently during driving. I am running the Hara setup from nationals last year. The only thing missing with my setup so far is the spool (which I have ordered). The car tends to spin as soon as I let go off the throttle. People seem to think this is all because of the oneway but I am also hearing people say good things about it.
I have turned down the brake on my ESC as much as I can as well as tinkered with the remote.
Have anyone else experienced something similar?

send me your setup and i'll check it out.

you cannot use any brake with oneway, this is why its banned from reedy race. you should never trigger to brake, and you should have zero drag brake (other than advanced drag braking technique).

also lack of rear traction is just that lack of rear traction. using a oneway vs a diff doesnt exactly effect rear traction...its changes FRONT handling, to which you adjust rear handling. a one-way is going to give you high turn in because your front wheels only have to steer, they dont have to exert any braking force.....so this moves the tire on the traction circle over to max steering traction. so the front suspension needs to be set with this in mind, then the rear suspension must be set so that both can work harmoniously.

obviously thats quite different than using a spool or diff where the front tires sacrifice turning traction for braking. but that doesnt mean you cant run a one way. im successfully running a one way against diffs at kingsburg which has some very tight corners. i think this is mainly due to having enuf rear traction.

sounds like your problem is lack of rear traction, the car isnt balanced, you have much much more front traction for turning and little rear traction to keep up. so try to up your rear traction and see if you can get too much. if you can do this then keep the oneway and lessen the rear traction till its balanced....if you cant make the car push with the oneway then you dont have enuf rear traction and you should switch to spool or diff.

thats what i say anyway.