R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RB Engine Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 07:07 AM
snowboardgeek1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree, the Novarossi engines are very reliable engines. I have heard the same about RB engines, which is why I am looking to buy one.

If this is the great Rody Roem, I have to say, its a pleasure talking to one of the best tuners out there. Thanks for visiting this thread.

Quick question...How does the RB V12 5 port, match up to the OS 12TZ 5 port, as far as performance? I dont mind paying the extra money to get the RB if I know for sure it'll beat an OS12TZ, or even my Mugen X12 engine.

Originally Posted by Rody
So what if there is no crazy cuts or grinds. Have you seen inside a TZ yet? You wont find any there either. How quick a motor is mainly depends on the port timing. These cuts and grinds on the sleeve and crank are not the only difference between a rody and a standard V12. They also have different port timing. Also, open up any Novarossi engine and you wont find anything in there either except for a 'turbo flute' on the crankshaft which the RB also has.
+ buy any Nova or RB and you can be sure that the thing will last. The components used on these engines are second to none.

p.s. Visit the Sirio thread, and you will find some very unhappy people there. No doubt the motors are fast but they use rubbish carbs and break crankshafts very easily and frequently...