R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 05:59 AM
squarehead
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nick-C
The plastic nut will not fall off, they are not threaded and very tight for a reason. You would hate to see that nut move on you during a run (not that I feel it would). I have been running the same nut since my 12LC
Hmm. The problem is that it isn't very tight. It actually can be pulled from the last 1/4" of threads on the shock. With everything else so precision on the car, this part is bothering me. I know if I don't replace it, the darn thing will cause me grief in the future.

The reason your front end seems a little strange is those hinge pins. You have the old style L pins in there. You want to switch those out for the AE part #4569 ($2.00). It's a straight ground titanium pin that is held in place with those two set screws. The link below has a great detail shot for you.
Wow, thank you for that info, Nick. I would have never found that part even existed. I'm kind of irritated that CRC never mentioned the need for that piece in the first place. Now, the challenge is to find some place that actually carries those parts, or even knows what they are.

Thanks much!

doug