R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2001, 10:05 AM
BigDogRacing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Actually, I think they're waiting for the sales to drop off on the kits and the upgrades, then they'll offer the world's edition (or whatever they name) to increase the revenue.

I personally think it's a cheesy way to do business because you are forced to WAY overpay for the competitive chassis that you really want by buying it in the composite form and then upgrading almost EVERYTHING in the kit.

Don't get me wrong, I like Losi and their cars, but I'm not a big fan of their marketing tactics. If you think they do it this way (waiting for a year or so to release the full race kit) because they have to get everything into production, or to find someone to name it after, then I have some bridges you might be interested in..... lol

If everyone would quit buying their stuff until they offer the full race kit (yea, that'll never happen) maybe they would reconsider waiting so long to release it and quit forcing us to buy the standard version and spend another $250 on it to upgrade. I personally will wait for the race version to come out. I waited for the MF XXX-T, cause I was determined not to spend $475 on a kit that would cost $240.

just my $.02