R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cyrul's Break in Procedures
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see a lot of questions about the different procedures on here and here's a few things:

#1 - Not everyone thinks the same about break-in so it's important to do what you are comfortable with. I've used my method for years and it's always worked well for me. Not saying it's the exact perfect way and there is no other, but it's what I've had sucess and I think it's quite easy so I've stuck with it....

#2 - I don't use a temp gun ever!! So, I can give estimates on temps but I can't give exacts on what I break in at or what I run out on the track.

#3 - The main pourpose of the first tanks of running so rich is not so much to break in the engine but to flush loads of fuel through to move any residue oil, film and debris out of the engine so when you do break in the engine it has a 100% clean internals to work with. I don't like running at an idle with a brand new engine as I want that high fuel capacity flushing out the insides so it's ready to start lapping in the piston and sleeve. Once you've gone through the steps and are starting to lean the engine out is really when the "break-in" part of the procedure starts to happen.