R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 11:04 AM
kewdawg
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. My P-Lot track is bumpy but its a level / linear type of bump with a good coating of tar or whatever black sealer they use. So its bumpy but its kinda a small bump.

Then it has normally VHT applied to it. What would you guys suggest?

Here is a couple of shots of the track that I got during the HPI challenge in orlando.

Let me know what you would classify this as. Grip wise & bump wise and however else you see it. Ive had trouble hypothesizing about it. Since it has so many factors. But its generally the same throughout. Im going to show a few pictures cause some make it look more bumpy than others. Some areas are bumpier than others a bit too. You can also enjoy a few concours photos at the same time.

As you can see its kinda almost smooth but it has bumps. But its not just some standard dusty lot it has that black sealer. So im kinda confused how to classify , especially when it has VHT thrown on top of it. LOL.

Thanks for your input guys.
If, the tracion is low, use a front diff.
If, the traction is high, use a spool. A one-way is good, also, but the spool allows the brakes to be used.
If, the layout is fast (no slow sections where you have to get off the throttle a lot or need brakes), use a one-way.