R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 06:57 AM
PMK
Tech Apprentice

Interesting comments about the pink rears. I had been making some changes to my L4 with thick chassis from discs to tubes as it seemed the rear was chattering and possibly lifting the inside rear tire. I've run both setups, damper disc and tubes with similar results.

The car is setup with

19turn
.020 fronts, preloaded for near zero sag
silver rear spring
30wt oil
.070 (measured) associated tplate with oem tweak screw locations
5* front with a shim on each side of the upper arm
Batteries aft.
camber for flat tire wear and zero toe in / toe out
Hand soap on rears, nothing on fronts.
Smooth high grip surface, with VHT.
I've tried both damper discs with teflon shims and 90wt silicone, plus thicker silicones, and also crc damper tubes with thick silicone.

The car runs well, and is definately responsive, it just seems that after the chassis transitions, it may be lifting the inside rear tire and winding up the diff.

I had Tim Potter run it also and he ran the car well, being less aggressive in his driving style though fast, but it still seemed to unload a tire.

Even with all this happening the chassis does not become upset enough to have the rear come around.

I persoanally want to say it needs more rear side spring control. Possibly put the CRC unitune back on running the tweak screws and side springs combined. Or build an old school type adjustable antiroll bar to allow quick change fine tuning of the Tplate.

Any thoughts?

PK