R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2002, 08:06 AM
Fred Hubbard
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

TC3Nut: I wouldn't say that you loose corner speed. You will be able to stay on the throttle just a tad bit longer before entering the corner and you will be able to apply a bit more throttle while exiting the corner. The reason for this is because of the rear shock tower on the front, it make the car even more stable then it already is. My first question is how is the traction of the track? If the parking lot yields consistent traction, meaning the car does not break loose, then you can try the sway bars all around. The advantage of using them all around is that the car will respond a little faster when changing directions. However, if you are facing any situation where the car is loose, install the front swaybar only, this will give increase traction in the rear of the car. If the car under-steers, then install the rear sway bar, this will increase the front bite and yield more steering in the car. In conclusion, when adding only one swaybar to the car, at whichever end (front or rear) that you add a sway bar to it effects the opposite end of the car. Although running with no swaybars causes the car to feel a little lazy in the corners because the chassis rolls more, it may be the better option if running on a track that has low bite, and the car breaks loose constantly, this provides maximum traction. If your were just adimate on running swaybars, then you could also play around with different thicknesses of the bar(s). The kit comes with .062 bars, and BRP (Bud's Racing Products) produces a softer bar at .055.

johnbull: I agree with you, since the car develops an understeer issue then decreasing caster in small amounts is one way to counteract the understeer to force the car to turn-in better. Of course softening your front shock setup (oil and spring) and/or stiffening your rear shock setup may also aid in the task. A good setup to start with is Barry Baker's Reedy Race / ROAR National setup. He ran the locked front diff at the Nationals and the car was on rails, believe you me, I was there. Just duplicate his setup and modify it accordingly to your driving style.

Fred Hubbard

Last edited by Fred Hubbard; 08-31-2002 at 01:48 PM.