R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 12:23 PM
odpurple
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by revzalot
O'D,
With a nice collection of cars, assembling, tuning and racing them, I'm curious on what is your ideal chassis, suspension geomety, battery layout, etc. In other words, what is your ideal 12th scale if you had a chance to design your own?
Anton-
I don't really think that there is an ideal 1/12th car. Different cars can be suited best to different tracks and conditions. For carpet I think the SpeedMerchant Rev4 is the best design out right now. I only ran mine in stock (due to not racing much carpet this year), but it sure beats everything else I've ever run. A t-bar car can be easier to drive in mod than a link car (due to the battery spacing), but i'm anxious to try my Rev4 with some horsepower!
On asphalt cars with wide battery spacing are very forgiving. Cars like the Yokomo and Kawada are long and flexible, with wide-spaced batteries making them ideal asphalt cars. I just rebuilt my Yokomo (photo attached) and ran it Saturday night at Ripon; it was the best car I have ever run there! I re-spec'd it with a new esc and servo, tried a wierd tire combo and it was bolted for 8 minutes.
All that being said,I think the "ideal" 1/12th car is the one you are in love with at the moment. You have to want to spend the time with any car to get the right set-up for it and your driving style.
Funny you should ask about my own design for a 1/12th car...

Chris-
Aquas, Baby! and double pink fronts. the car was the excellent. I finished about 10 seconds behind you and Jim, which is a very good result for me. Now that I have finished on the same lap as you guys watch out!

Last edited by odpurple; 07-10-2008 at 07:49 PM.