R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 12:42 AM
Boomer
Tech Elite

- like I said, it was only a matter of time before Derek and Shane got on here and bashed me. It's funny how I get quoted while others don't.

Derek and Shane - I've offered to come and talk with both of you (on MY dime, no less) about what I think and to let you show me your test bench, etc. I offered to take Shane to lunch while I was in San Diego or any other time - I live less than an hour from you. Derek was offered Beer at Heroes here in Claremont - less than 20 minutes from the XRC HQ.

I have not heard back since then.

But both of you know my arguments - I've made them repeatedly.

StephenB - I do read the magazine. I get the mag from a friend who does subscribe. I, personally, don't. This way I can read articles that are of interest, usually when he points them out, and can discuss things in an educated fashion. Please don't say that I don't do my research. . .it's an insult to one of the people on this forum who spends a LOT of time doing research.

It's a shame that y'all took so long to get to this thread. It would have been more relevant A WEEK AGO (or whatever) when I actually posted. Now you're just sour grapes.

My point, Shane, just in case you didn't pick it up, was that in this case the stock setting was used to rate the car, while in other cases it was rated after adjustments had been made, in one memorable case those adjustments were made with the assistance of a team driver.

However - this is not the "XRC Issues" thread. Nor is it the "Boomer's Stupid" thread - if you want to make that thread, be my guest, be my guest.

This IS, however, the forum for discussing the TC4. So, particularly me, I'm going to discuss IT. My original comments WERE regarding it, much the same way that Shane's comments are.

I do apreciate your comments, Shane. My problem is, however, that all of your reviews do not come on equal footing. You rated the TC4 on the same baseline as you do the X-Ray, the Tamiya, etc. So, yeah, the TC4 retails for $200 (Towerhobbies.com) while the XRay retails for twice that. The TC4 had JUST come out and we all know how stock setups are - yet you rated it on the stock setup.

It took me ONE DAY, with the one-way from my TC3, and I had the car running quite well, with great turnin. It took me longer to get it to carry speed through the turn (but that's always been my weakness. . .I've always had a hard time with mid-turn "sit". . .argh) but turnin was actually quite easy. Hmmm - stiffen up the rear springs, stiffen up the oil, change the rear block (I used the plastic one) to -2, and voila, I had a car that would turn in.

Sigh - but it doesn't really matter. You're defending your mag. I'm defending my car.

btw - where do y'all race?