R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 12:00 PM
kewdawg
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
nope..the high traction arms are more flexible.
I have a set and you can twist it with your hands.

from the japan website and translated to english:

"ハイトラクションサスペンションアーム which modifies the material and normal compared to can give pliability. When the road surface whose grip is bad and the key liking to hold down behavior tweet, it is optimum to use. And it is effective as a portion of setting it is possible regarding the high grip road surface to change steering wheel quality by the fact that uses on only the front."
The translation sounds like a contradiction. . I just tried to flex both arms and found the high traction arm to be slightly more pliable near the outer portion, where you connect the hub. I found the arms worked good on carpet as they appearded to allowed the suspension to be controlled by the shocks.

Question: If, the arms are designed for high traction such as carpet, maybe permanent, well-groomed asphalt tracks and outdoor track's (asphalt / parking lots - majority of tracks, here in the states) traction is pale in comparison, why would you use them outdoors? Besides... the translation you're giving, says to use them up front - although, they're packaged with one front and rear arm. I used them front and rear on carpet with very good results. If, you guys want to try them outside, go ahead. Let us know how they worked for you.