R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R/C Tech LIVE at the 2005 Reedy Race of Champions @ Tamiya USA
Old 06-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Alex Lopez
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Cypressmidwest, glad to see i'm not the only one paying attention. Around here alot of A/E guys were ready to toss thier cars in the trash after the worlds....I bet they are hoping the garbadge man hasn't come yet? LOL.

As far as Tosso and Corally, imo, the RDX is a great car, Tosso is just insurance, by showing a car is good, by winning. Which goes back to our point. Everyone claims to know so much about our little touring cars that they can look at them on a pit towel and tell if they will be good or not. The "really smart" guys push on them once or twice, to know they won't work. .

Then that car wins a race, or twelve......But then it becomes all driver, so they won't look dumb. In actuality, the driver is everything, "IF" the car is within a certain percentage of its competition, which it seems like they are all very close, imo.(I have yet to push on them all, ...)

Note, looking at only the "best and worst" from invitational class only,
the TC4, 1st and 33rd.
X ray, 2nd and 27th
Hb, 3rd and 13th
Tamiya 415, 4th and 29th
Yok , 5th and 34th
Schu, 11th
JRX-S, 16th and 25th
Corally, 18th

Tamiya had the most cars, with 9, almost 1/3rd of the entire field. Associated had the second highest with 7, X ray had 5 cars. Schumacher and Corally only had one each in invite. With Yok, TeamLosi, HB in the middle with three cars each.

No single brand looks very dominant to me?

Or, maybe i've just spent too much time looking thru the information and should get back out in the paint booth, LOL..........Sniff, sniff, , Jim
Just to clarify, Xray fot 2nd and 8th and 27th in invitational, not 2nd and 27th