R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R/C Tech LIVE at the 2005 Reedy Race of Champions @ Tamiya USA
Old 05-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tonyv
..In my opinion in this race format times should be the last possible tie-breaker and throw away results should count first.
Agreed. The Reedy Race is about racing, not times. A driver with a big lead should not have to push for a fast time, he should be allowed to do what it takes to maintain his lead even if this means slowing down. He should not be penalized for that.

The tie breaking system was not totally clear in the driver's meeting. Most, including myself (and Jilles), were under the impression that if there was a tie in points the number of first, seconds, etc. wouold be used to break the tie. The problem is that we thought this included the throwouts.

BTW, there was also some conclusion about stop and go penalties and where they should be taken. I think all that is required to clear up confusion is a simple list of printed rules for the invitational drivers so everyone knows what is going on.

That said, Craig was fast from the first practice session and is a deserving winner.

The format creates the most exciting racing in the R/C world with the champion never decided until the last round of races. Sure some people have harder or easier races, but that is the nature of the event.