R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R/C Tech LIVE at the 2005 Reedy Race of Champions @ Tamiya USA
Old 05-30-2005, 06:40 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tonyv
No, I think it's a valid point that clearly communicated rules are sufficient. We can argue the merits of each model but when you need tie breakers whatever you use will have it's drawbacks.
Absolutely correct. No system is perfect, so the important thing is that everybody knows the system beforehand.

The system in UK now has 2 finals, and if you have a draw - easily done as we saw in the very first round between Chris Grainger and Glen Doman who both had a win and a second, then the decider is TQ.

OK so everybody knows about it, but what if the guy that was 2nd on the grid won a much faster final, as was in fact the case. I would never have gone for TQ as a decider, but for the fastest race, which would be a better reflection that the fastest man won, especially when both races were also much faster than TQ. I am giving this as an example. Both happen to be friends of mine and I would have been equally glad whichever one of them won.

Which brings us back to our original discussion - what is best !