R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2002, 12:21 PM
Trips
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The speedo seemed to work well, it seems pretty easy to calibrate and there's not a lot in the way of options... the only variable to set is punch control. IF there's a downside, it's that you have a very narrow window of opportunity to do any adjustments... When you first power up the speedo, both LED's flash for around a second or so, during that second you can hit the set button to begine calibration. If you don't hit the set button, one of the LED's continues to flash for another second or so, hitting the set button during that interval gets you into the mode where you set punch control. If you mount the switch far from the speedo, it can get pretty hard to turn it on and get to the setting button in time. A pretty minor issue, but worthy of mention.

I'm pleased with its performance, I definitely like the linear feel it has. It seems to work fine on 4 cells without a receiver pack, even well after the car slowed noticeably at the end of a run I could maintain control unless I really grabbed a bunch of trigger, then I'd get the momentary loss of radio until the current draw dropped.

T