R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 07:06 PM
D_Ames
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nitro-Boy
Hopefully none of these questions are redundant or stupid but I’ve went through about 50 pages of this thread and have spent several days browsing this site:

1) Will the TC3 tuning guide work with the TC4 also, is most of it the same for tuning?
2) If you run 4 degree caster blocks, 0 circle shims, and 2 triangle shims (thus –2 anti-dive) does your caster come out to 2 degrees?
3) Is the rear X degrees not noted on any of the setup sheets? I see 2, 2.5, and 3 degrees are available but not noted to my knowledge. What’s the difference from a 2 degree to the 3 degree?
4) On the setup sheets does 1 washer refers to the AE .031-.032 plastic washers or the aluminum .029-.030 washers? Or does .001-.002 make a difference?

Sorry for all the noob questions but I’m just getting ready to start running some on-road stuff. I’m switching from the nitro/electric off-road playing field to the indoor carpet world, so there’s a lot more detail to it!
Nitro Boy,

1. The basic Idea is the same with both cars but the TC4 has many more adjustments. The biggest difference is the roll center adjustments on the TC4.

2. Yes. Castor is measured at the wheel (the sum of the castor blocks and arm mounts)

3. The 2, 2.5 ,3 refers to the rear toe in only. Less rear toe in gives more corner speed but less traction. More toe in gives more traction but scrubs speed.

4. The aluminum washers. .001-.002 will not make any difference at all but the plastic might distort when you tighten the ball stud. Use the aluminum washers.

Hope this helps.

By the way, those are NOT stupid questions