R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EAMotorsports discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 04:14 PM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, my EA ROAR finally died today unfortuantly. The comm now longer has any copper on it.
Unfortuantly that also left me in a sticky situation, as the spare motor I would have used (my EA monster) has the same problem.... see why I was so desperate for that motor
Anyway, basically was forced to run a Quad mag motor I brought track-side, and I have to say I'm not too impressed. Admitadly having never run a quad before I was struggling to get the gearing spot on. Still the motor lacks torque, and doesn't slow the car as much as a normal one. Really needs to be geared low to get it too work. For example I was running 5.7 on my ROAR in practise, this Quad I was reckon 6.1 would have been about right (i ran 6.3 in the last final, lacked straightline)

Also, I do have to say the prep on that motor was pretty crappy.... I don't know what they'd done to it, but the comm wasn't even true, I had to take shead loads out to get it round, and this is from brand new out the box Something I'm not used to normally running EA's

I can see why some people like the quad mags, but personally i'll take a std mag EA ROAR over one anyday....

BTW Eric, given I now have two spare cans (one ROAR, one monster) can i just put a new armature in? I take it the shimming probably wont's be the same with a new arm?
I only ask, as if it doesn't make too much difference, I'll keep thoose cans for series that require bushings, and the new one I'm getting from colin (plus one more now.. need a new ROAR) with bearings for series that allow them.
Effectively, sharing the arm between cans.

Of course, if it makes a big difference, then I'll just get a couple more motors....but not now, bit cash strapped

Later
Ed