R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin X1 - so close yet so far
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 05:03 PM
W.E.D.Jim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

FREAKAH, well, even though i've had good success with my X1, no buggy is perfect. There are some issues no matter what brand you pick. "MY" main consideration was initial price and features, but since the jammin is better equipped then the 777 and needs less immediate attention, I chose it.

In my opinion, the Jammin X1 Pro and the Mugen Prospec MBX5 are the best buggies for the money, with the 777 in third......STILL, the driver and wrench(usually same person) will determine any cars success, not what some guy said on the internet............

Bottom line, if you can get what you paid out of your 777, do it, if not, finish it and enjoy it. But, do the popular mods first, before racing it, otherwise it will be pretty frustrating.........My friend has about $1000 in the rolling chassis of his 777 alone, not including our 777 Illuzion body, ..(shameless plug, haha).

As far as problems with the X1, I replaced the motor mounts to the one peice and the hinge pins to the screw type($70 total)......no problems since, it's a great car for a total investment of $570. But i'm not looking forward to buying a $140 chassis from OFNA?..........Jim