Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 09:09 PM
fast-ho-cars
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new to 1:12

Originally posted by Trips
I didn't forget about the tweak springs. I said that the only thing supporting the rear of the car is the shock spring. The tweak springs don't support the rear of the car, they only control tweak and roll stiffness. I've never noticed them degrading. I've had the same pair of tweak springs in my Rev3 since the 2003 Snowbirds.
don't attend the big races, but i have run both CRC cars "link and T-bar on carpet and asphalt" that use the side springs for tweak. more than a shock spring supports the rear pod on my link car, barring the politics between CRC and SM they are both in "basic" design, the same car........but we could play on words and technicalities forever.

side tweek springs, i have have them degrade (red ones). you must remember not all our racing experiences are the same. on the flip side, my blue .70 FG (Doug Powell) t-bar has been on my current car for over six months. from my experience having a tweak spring pop off in a race is worst than having a tweek screw slight back out. but i'm sure if it backed out completely, it would probably have the same result. right now on my car i run tweeks screws in the t-bar with the sides springs off.