Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Crashby
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: new to 1:12

Originally posted by yellow15
hi,
i'm interested in getting a 1:12 and race at my local club. It's an outdoor track and our rules for 1:12 are:

4 cell 3300mah batteries
any motor
8 min race

now i know completely nothing about the 1:12 cars.. (only into 1:10 eletric tc before) can someone give me some suggestions on what i should get?

what is a good car for me? I'll only race outdoor. CRC? Yokomo? or what? I saw the CRC car has that no tape battery retention system and since i really hate batttery tape, it's quite attractive to me.

Consider i'm probably going to order the car from oversea website (i'm from new zealand) what else should i order at the same time? tyres? springs? ?? Does it use normal standard servo? and is the spur/pinion gear same as the 1:10 TC?

and what gear ratio/motor combo is good for me? Remember we race 8 mins and this is what our track look like:

(a fast stock 1:10 TC's lap time is about 23-24sec)

I know it is impossible to give me the "best" choice by looking at the photo, but an approx idea would be good starting point for me.

and does the motor last longer on a 1:12 compare to the 1:10 TC?

Thanks a lot
Richard
Trips was right on with his synopsis!

The only thing I would add might be parts availability in your area. When selecting a car, it is handy if you can get your hands on parts the same day. If you are forced to do everything over the internet it could get frustrating.