R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 10:39 PM
bradshawkyle
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 4 Results

Thanks again to Jesse Anderson from The Racer Underground for another great race recap this week. Be sure to let him know what to think!

I challenge you to find a more “bang for your buck” mid-week form of entertainment than a Wednesday club race. I then, challenge you to find another Wednesday club program with the wherewithal (Or sheer stupidity, depending on who you talk to), that could turn & burn four Qualifiers and a Main, packed up and out for cheesy fries by 10:20….

It was a ludicrous schedule, and my battery officially hates me, but I’m fairly certain that I’ve never gotten more track time on a single night. 4 heats per round and light numbers made for quick turnaround times, but solid racing is each class, nonetheless.

Five full rounds of racing in anger…. That should hold me over for a couple of weeks.... Maybe.

NOVICE:
Another club race, another solid 4-car field of Novice racers laying down some door-banging action. While the TQ was traded back and forth throughout the night, it would be the new challenger Paul Nortness taking TQ honors for the night, with Gary Bennett slotted in second and young Ryan Yasuda rounding out the field. The main was a door-banging fiesta with Paul and Gary swapping blows and the lead several times. In the end, the ageless-wonder asserted his dominance and took a well-deserved win over Paul, with Ryan finishing on the podium in third.

SCALE SPEC:
Scale Spec was a clinic in dominance by Mike Boyle, to put it lightly. After taking TQ in each of the four qualifying rounds, the Main looked set up to be as exciting as a Kimi Raikkonen interview. While Mike would indeed take the win, the expected door-to-door action of Scale Spec kept the field close and the racing fun to watch. Kyle Bradshaw put in a good drive to finish second, and Jeff Johnson would take the final step on the podium after a tight battle with Jerry Boyle.

STOCK TOURING:
Stock Touring was light on cars (Only 4), but provided good track time and a fun Main. There’s no substitute for race experience, and with 5 rounds of racing, I was able to turn an above-average amount of laps and become more confident in my driving. Alvin Nucum was also working to dial in his new ride as well, so the extra rounds were a welcome change. Jake Danilchik was the rocket man yet again in qualifying, with Stuart a close second and myself slotted in third for the night. The Main was a tight battle between the top three, thanks to Jake slowing up to keep things interesting. After a few bobbles by me, it became a two horse race between Stuart and Jake in the final minute. In the final laps, Stuart would make a bold pass to take the win by a mere tenth of a second. I could hear ooooh's and ahhhh's in my peripheral, so it must've been good.....

STOCK 12TH:
Stock 12th has been consistently providing excellent racing at each of the four Wednesday rounds held, and has been a favorite of mine to watch. Brian was the man to beat all night in qualifying, but come the Main, Stuart was ready and mounted a charge toward the front with a bold pass on Brian. After a couple of bobbles, Brian would mount a charge of his own and would catch the younger Mason at the halfway mark, and would not look back. Further back, George Strichen would have a solid drive of his own, staying consistent through the eight minute race. The final order of another great 12th Scale Main would be Brian, Stuart, and George. Well done boys.

We’re back at it this weekend at the Community center for another Saturday fiesta, and back at the Hangar on the 29th. Thanks to everyone who came out, set up, tore down and ripped through five full rounds of racing. It was a hoot and a half! Let’s do it again!

Results posted below
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Round 1.pdf (518.8 KB, 62 views)
Round 2.pdf (522.6 KB, 115 views)
Round 3.pdf (525.0 KB, 61 views)
Round 4.pdf (522.4 KB, 69 views)
Mains.pdf (513.1 KB, 101 views)