R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Aftershock – Purchase one new 14mm wheel, or upgrade axles to accept 20mm wheels?
Old 11-13-2017, 07:59 PM
Boats4MeAndKids
Tech Rookie

Default Aftershock – Purchase one new 14mm wheel, or upgrade axles to accept 20mm wheels?

On my 1/8 Losi Aftershock, one of my wheels and corresponding hex nuts (stock hex nuts are plastic) are worn to the point where the wheel just spins. From my research, all the US based hobby shops show this wheel (LOSB7001 - “Magneto” Chrome Wheel) as discontinued except for one shop in Canada and one in Australia, so the total cost plus shipping to get just one wheel to me is about $45.

My Aftershock is stock (except for the brushless electric 4S conversion), and I'm pretty sure it has a 5mm axle and 14mm wheels. This truck is only used for backyard bashing.

Should I purchase one wheel and a wheel ($45) hex set (about $8) or should I use one of those LOSB3516 ($26) hex adapters to convert my axles to accept 20mm wheels and buy four new wheels? If you recommend the latter, which wheels do you recommend for similar performance to my stock wheels?