R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 10-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Johnny Carey
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
And as we all know, inventiveness = $$$. Someone will want to be at the top of the pack and will spend more to create a more competitive car.

I just get miffed when I see these suggestions on all different threads about how someone needs to create a low cost budget class that will suddenly open the flood gates for new and old racers when what most mean is they want a class that is cheap, do little to no work on the set-up but still be in the top three.

Racing is a competition and some of us will work harder to be better. I had a good run at IIC this year and finished fourth in the F1 class. Rather than whine about being a privateer running against the factory drivers in the class, I look at it as a challenge to make myself better and have made friends with some who have in turn given me helpful suggestions that have helped me go faster. When back at my local track, I am more than happy to help other F1 racers with set-ups because if we can help others at our local tracks get better and enjoy racing in the class, the class will stay around longer. My running joke is I will be happy to help them until they get to within 0.3 secs of my lap time, then they are on their own !

Panda
Well said. You had good runs at IIC, I was in the same position as you, privateer in the F1 class. Its the class I look most forward to run. haha