R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!
Old 10-12-2017, 02:10 PM
IndyHobbies.com
Tech Elite

I've talked to Chuck in Indy about this. I'm hoping our local RC club can add the 4Tec as a 100% Box Stock class for new racers and racers that like stock classes. We ran them as a class last weekend at a Hoosier RC Racers on-road event. Unfortunately most of them were brushless, and as a result, way too much power for the track and tires. That's cool if you are trying to set the neighborhood speed record in the street in front of your house with your buddies, but not for racing. Here is a video of one of the heats. There are a couple of TT-02's mixed in.

https://www.facebook.com/HRCRacers/v...2903310173236/

Maybe Traxxas will come out with some softer tires for racing. They will if we are all vocal about it I bet.

Are there better RTR's out there for on-road? Maybe yes. But you can't argue that Traxxas out markets all the other manufacturers combined. So, for new people getting into the sport/hobby, they are likely considering Traxxas anyway. And, Traxxas has great customer service too. Our hope is for example, a new father/son team could go to their LHS and buy Traxxas 4Tecs, show up to the track and race the exact same car as everyone else. The Traxxas Slash did that for On-road. There's a Stock Slash class at about every track in the country. I travel a lot for work and I always have a Slash in the truck so if there's a local track, I can run.