R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TEAM LOSI LST official thread
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 04:20 PM
RCTecher12
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
What tires are you running? With stock tires in my experience the transmission is flawless. If you start messing with tire sizes and weights, you invariably run into issues with the shifting… Especially if you are running a high powered engine. Basically all nitro monster trucks that I've ever heard of had shift/tranny issues if you go to big power engines.

And LST's are especially sensitive to tire changes in my experience....
Stock ATX tires on XXL 40-series wheels. Everything is stock in the drivetrain; except the transmissions are Forward only converted. As I said in my last post, I'm going to change the slipper parts and test it. If it doesn't behave, then I'll do some other work to it - perhaps stronger springs in the clutch shoes may be the answer. If the screws are too tight, it's probably not engaging the 2spd bell.

The trucks drove fine with the LST header and whatever pipe I put on it, but the engines ran way too hot on the long header. Maybe stock engines would tolerate the long header better and not cause problems. I didn't want stock anymore. My Picco truck has run 44.5mph on stock gears and bald ATX tires (40-series). I haven't tested the Novarossi truck yet. For comparison, my SH .28 P6 (same as early big red) only managed 38.1mph.