R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4'17
Thread: Xray T4'17
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 03:03 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maRRRco
I use italian tyres, Sp racing 36, with wd40 as additive. Setup sheet is coming.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkwmy23kw7...table.pdf?dl=0
Looking at that setup.

Firstly, your droop settings.. 4.6 F and 6.0R is basically back to front. Usual is 5-5.2 on the front, 4-4.2 on the rear (dependent on tire size).

Secondly your rear spring is too soft IMO. I would try a 2.6 or 2.7 to start with. Also consider a progressive 2.5-2.8 front, as that spring combo is the general go to nowadays. On the towers, front to hole 2 (1 up from bottom), rear to hole 3 (1 down from top).

Also i actually think you front pins are too narrow, which isnt going to help. For modified, the base starting point is FF 1.0 down and out, and FR 0.5 down and out. Will make the front more stable on entry, as well as give some sweep to help mid corner.

Also strongly suggest setting the hexs the same as well. And reset the wheelbase to 1mm either side of the arms. Diff may also want to go up to 5k minimum as that will also help on power.

I think the big difference in front and rear width is whats causing a large majority of the issue, along with the droop

Try those settings and see how you go.