R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Handout Motors?..2018?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 04:45 AM
Macio4ever
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Roelof
In Europe we do not use handout ESC's (not that I know off) but in many stock competitiones we alow just one or 2 listed ESC's and in other competitions blinky.

But it seems there are 2 groups thinking different about a stock/spec class

1) get as an equal possible powerplant and make the most out of te car setup and driving

2) get a motor within the rules like a 17.5 turns and try to let it run as "a 3.5 turns" with all possible options and tweaks within (or outside) the rules.

Handout is all about group 1 and most here I think are within group 2. I am pretty sure when all your 17.5/21.5/25.5 classes were started they all had the idea to comply with group 1 but due the more open rules group 2 drivers were formed.

Sorry to say, group 2 is all about:
Well I like both approaches so I start in two classes (13.5 blinky, the same motor and 17.5 blinky with mechanical timing allowed as well as outlaw motors i.e. Sting). Both are fun and in both classes the best drivers wins.

However it can be clearly seen that motor does not give you a winning place as the drivers with the same motors score different places and winner is not always a driver with the newest motor/chassis.

I would say that only those who put max effort (whatever terms - time, money) have a chance to win and that's obvious - track time and talent cannot be bought.