R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 05:27 AM
ezlight
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shadaloo
Question for you guys. My buddy has a Losi 8ight-E and 8ight-N, also a SCTe.

Every week when we race has dnf's because some breaks. weather it be something diff related, esc, motor, servo, etc...

Lately I haven't been able to run much and whenever I comment on him breaking stuff he just says its because he actually runs his stuff.

Now I know my Tekno SCT410.3and EB/NB 48.3 have both help up very good. I just now had my first real break (snapped a dogbone and outdrive is pretty mangled). But my diffs are bulletproof, a-arms are still good.... my Tekin esc/motor's feel like day 1, and my mks servo's are amazing...

Now he buys chinese electronics for the most part and they break constantly....

I was wondering how long do most of you think common parts like A-arms, diffs, shocks, etc should last. He has blown through diffs and pinions like candy... I feel like hes doing something wrong, but he won't admit it. I know that AE parts feel cheap and thin compared to my Tekno, and I feel like TLR is still decent quality, but he is replacing stuff on a weekly basis for the most part.

So if I could just get some basic wear and tear timeframes for common parts id appreciate it so I can talk to him about it. How many races would you say you get out of certain parts?
Besides hinge pins, shock shafts, and spur gears (I run on loose loamy tracks) everything else last's at least a season. My .3 buggy is still going strong after a year and half of service. Actually just went over it to sell, and it doesn't need anything.

My SCT, and buggy I Usually rebuild with a full bearing kit between seasons. (SCT before going indoors, and vice versa) And replace parts as needed, which normally doesn't amount to much. My truggy is just now at the point where I may throw new hubs on, and I'm at the end of season 2 with it. I put new front arms on before a big race this spring, JUST to tighten things up. The ones I took off are still in my box of spares, because they can still be run.

Losi guys, from what I have seen, throw parts at their cars about every other week. Seems they slop out pretty quick.

I have a buddy that ran losi for a season, switched to AE briefly before switching to Tekno. Since he has switched to tekno, he keeps asking what upgrades...Still isn't use to the fact that the Tekno doesn't need anything for durability.