R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Handout Motors?..2018?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 01:53 PM
Roelof
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
I'm not understanding something.

You call handout motor a motor someone mandated (I'm following), that you have to buy to run that class(I'm lost) and keep it afterwards(verily lost).

Then if my understanding is right, you bought a disposable motor not a handout motor.

I thought a handout motor was something the track loans and you pay a fee or something and then return at the end of the event. That way the race director only has to have enough motors to fill the main(s) at designated handout classes, for example 10 motors for a full TC main then those motors are returned at the end of the main to be loaned to the next handout main while Mod or other non handout class is racing their main.
With most systems you buy a motor with payning the organisation like the ROAR the determed price, the motors are marked with your name or number. They provide you the motor in the morning and you return it at the end of the day. Until the next race the motors are cheacked (should be) and the next race you will get it again. At the end of the season with the last race you can keep the motor. The organisation also has some spares in case of extra single event drivers and faulty motors.