R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Handout Motors?..2018?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 09:14 AM
DARKSIDE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Dodge
Main reason that I see is because right now it is too easy to drop $100-150 for the current fast motor only to arrive at the race and learn that there is a newer motor that is even faster. So now you are either behind before the race even starts, or you are out another $100-150 to get that new motor to be competitive.

Handouts/spec worked just fine in the brushed days. Sure they were cheaper but you can't really say that it failed in that era.
well with ROAR stepping up and putting strick rules for 21.5-13.5 motors like with 25.5...isnt this the true solution. I dont thing its going to be much wiggle room when they are done to really see a huge difference. In yours or EA hands maybe, but for 99% of us no. The currect crop of motors are winning across the board...TSR,Trinity,Motiv,Fantom, ect...do you think one is truly better than the other...yes all the companys are scrabbling to get in before the Sept 1st deadline....but how much better are we really thinking these spec motors are going to get.

Just like with the 25.5's and I have tested plenty of them...some are RPM, some are Torque, and some have a good mix....but they are all on par when it comes to winning and performance.

And the fact is most of us are sheep and follow the fast guy in what is in his car...true fact, EA can run any motor he choses, and everyone at my track will buy it...why, hell he is EA, the fast guy. Not picking Eric, but you could put in a old Reedy M2 17.5 and make it sing....we seen Skeen do it...

The thing is, most of us have the new motors already...will the next gen motors really be that much better?...I dont think so