R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Vbc D09
Thread: Vbc D09
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 02:06 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave
Im totally aware of the principle. The only thing I point is that I have no idea how to achieve that with the parts included into the ARTS kit...

Ok so pictures...

The first one is a picture of it should be mounted on the D09, with the included parts:

This photo shows how I'm using the ARTS, following the advices of an official VBC driver from France, which explains me that's how they were used to mount ARTS on D08:

Now the comparison, you can clearly see that on the rear right arm the angle with the arm is the opposite of what you could want...

And here how the D08-style installation has a proper angle:

You can also see on the top first picture that steering stands are used in the ARTS kit...

So, at the end, when you compress the shocks, you have +0.5° with the D08 installation and -0.5° with the D09 installation.

I've also tried to put the ball above the knuckles to get the link with a proper angle but it is excessive and you get something like +2° on compression.

You can't add shims on the steering stands enough because it will touch the upper deck

You can't use lower support for the insid ball because it will touch the belt...

Seriously, what were they trying to achieve there???
I didn't realize that they ARTS system changed up between the the D08 and the D09, with the D09 adding those red standoffs. So I can certainly see your issue. (I had to search on VBC site to see the 2 different kits kisted.) In my opinion the red standoffs aren't used to get the adjustment you want, apparent in your readings. The red standoffs would push the steering out and take away toe on compression for sure. Why are they trying to do that, I can't say.