R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 09:49 PM
glennhl
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyro854
Going to be picking up a TC7 soon to get back into racing. What parts would I have to buy to convert it to a 7.1 IF i ever decided to? I know the 7.1 has lower shock towers so that means towers/shocks/bearing caps would be needed but im not sure what else, if anything, there is.
Not cheap to convert, most people sell their TC7's and buy a new or used TC7.1. You listed all the items you need. You need the lower shock towers, front and rear (31741 & 31742)($36) and new bearing caps front and rear (31743 & 31744) ($70). Then the big ticket item, a set of new short shocks from Associated (TWO 31760) ($160). It will put you back something like $266 for all the parts retail. If you shop, you should be able to find everything for around $170 (Power Hobby). When I converted mine, I substituted the short shocks from Yokomo and saved some money, but the main reason I did that was the Associated short shocks were out of stock everywhere for quite a while.

The other things you need to be equal to a 7.1 are the front steel outdrives and dual cardon joint front axles. But truthfully even a TC7 needs these mods and most TC7's have them if you buy the 7 used. Good luck.