R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 03:37 PM
Gpitty
Tech Initiate

Default 2wd Slash problems. Again!

Y'all were so helpful when I was installing my Velineon system in the Slash. So I thought I'd stop back and pick your brain again!

So I did the Velineon upgrade. I got proline shocks, the protrac kit, 2.8 trenchers, rpm caster blocks and turn buckles or whatever they're called lol.

I cannot find a good gearing. But I won't start another gearing thread! I tried 19/90, 17/90, 23/90, 19/86 and 23/86 and they were either too slow or got too hot. I run wide open 90% of the time... But anyway.......

There is a severe wobble. Everything looks okay except the rear tires have a severe toe in. Is that normal? I'm not crazy about the trenchers on pavement. Yes they hook great, but they seem too soft and balloon a lot!

Today I cracked the bulkhead and broke a proline control arm, but it was wobbly before that. The body shakes extremely bad at high speed and gets worse when you let off the trigger. What should I be looking for here? What could be bent? I've bashed the crap out of this thing!

I can upload pics if the site will allow me to. Thanks in advance for any help. Or feel free to tell me I'm an idiot. Haha